We’re not going to tell you whether or not it’s advantageous to include a headshot with your residency application. Our company is named HeadshotPro—take what you want from that.
What we are going to tell you is that our AI headshot generator can save you hours of time, and hundreds of dollars, if you do choose to include a professional headshot with your medical residency application.
These come back already looking filtered and touched up, which I really need for professional bio photos that will be seen a lot. I actually tried one other service at the same time and this one was WAY better. - Nicole, HeadshotPro customer
AI ERAs Headshots: Done in 2 Hours
Imagine rewarding yourself with a relaxing exhale, 2 hours from now, as you download your completed ERAs headshot photos from HeadshotPro. Did we mention that it only takes about 15 minutes of effort on your end?
Here’s what the process for generating AI headshots looks like:
1. Choose your backdrops and clothing 👚
Don't worry about what you have in your wardrobe. We have a wide variety of backdrops to choose from, in combination with a variety of clothing.
ERAs headshot tip: We recommend choosing the White backdrop option when generating medical residency application photos with HeadshotPro.
2. Upload your selfies 🤳
It’s your call whether you use selfies you already have on your phone, or take new ones. The quality of your selfies will significantly influence the quality of the AI headshots you’ll get back.
ERAs headshot tip: Don’t chance it! Spend 10 minutes and take new selfies against a plain background, with good lighting, and a natural smile.
3. Download your favorite headshots ❤️
You can expect 3-6 incredible profile-worthy headshots from your order, but we’ll let you see the entire batch, so you can decide on the keepers yourself.
ERAs Headshot Requirements
We’re not experts on applying for medical residencies. But the Association of American Medical Colleges is definitely an expert, and this is what they have said regarding ERAs headshot requirements:
- The file type must be JPG/JPEG or PNG
- The maximum file size is 150 KB
- The maximum photo dimensions are 2.5inx3.5in
- The maximum photo resolution is 150 DPI
What they won’t tell you is how you can adjust an existing photo to meet those requirements.
How to make your headshot ERAs ready
If your ERAs headshot is larger than 150 KB, you can use an image compression tool like TinyPNG to make the file size smaller.
If you’re unsure if the photo resolution or photo dimensions are correct, try opening the file up in MS Paint (Windows) or Preview (macOS).
If using MS Paint (Windows):
To check the resolution:
- Open the headshot in MS Paint
- File - Properties (to see current resolution)
To change the resolution:
- Click the “Resize” option in the toolbar (it might be under “Image” in some versions of Paint)
- Change the horizontal and vertical dimensions to inches. For a 2.5x3.5-inch photo, set the width to 2.5 inches and the height to 3.5 inches
- Make sure the “Units” are set to “Inches” and the “Resample” option is checked
- Adjust the “Horizontal” and “Vertical” resolutions to 150 pixels per inch (DPI)
- Click “OK” to apply the changes
- Save the photo
And if using Preview (macOS):
- Right click the image - Open With - Preview
- Tools - Adjust Size
- Change the values to your desired dimensions (2.5x3.5-inches) and resolution (150 DPI)
- Ensure that the “Resample Image” option is checked
- Apply Changes
- File - Save
ERAs AI Headshot Examples
Did you know that every single photo you see on our headshot examples page is a headshot generated for a paying customer, shared with their permission?
We've collected a handful of extra ERAs headshot examples below, for you to get an idea of what your headshot could look like. These customers may not have all used their headshots for their medical residency photos—their photos are being shown purely to demonstrate what you can expect from your own order.
Great headshots for marketing - Terri, HeadshotPro customer
I can't go to a studio to take professional photos, and the product helped me with that - Livia, HeadshotPro customer
Having an application photo without going to a photographer - Tino, HeadshotPro customer
It saved time and money - Shannon, HeadshotPro customer
Got me a headshot for LinkedIn and my in office apps. - Chris, HeadshotPro customer